Duluminatai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Duluminatai

This is where we plot

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to the Duluminatai Forums

complaint 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
davidius
Lord
Lord
davidius

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: complaint 2   complaint 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:31 pm

I hate the "limitations" that are going to be placed upon us by the new server and I will explain why.

I have never ever ever been giving an ap or a resource. Everything I have I took by cunning, in fact I have only had "one" ap donated to me and that was by darkarts when we were still TC and that got jacked by whomever we were fighting at the time...noc I believe. Anyhow it bothers me cause I will see constant "red" on my thing with people trying to take my resources or my aps and I can't do a thing about it...oh yeah do you really believe im going to waste my time "raiding" for revenge...really? We have a freaking war coming against the holy's I don't have time for that. The reason im doing this is not because of the fact that I want to "help" so much as I want to help myself by limiting my troops to a few stronger places thus solidifing my armies and making sure im ready for the holies.

Giving away my aps do the order and to us as a group doesn't really help when you think about it due to how "large" we are, if you consider darkarts, myself, bobs, nova, jas if we all give away our aps to the order or even the "smaller" players do you know how many aps that is? Hell just between jas and I there are a good what 80 aps? Darkarts just gave away like four and saruman is going to post.

Don't get me wrong guys, I want to help and I don't mind giving away ap's for helping. But I think limiting your ability to conquer for whatever freaking reason they felt they had to is stupid moreso now that the map is getting larger...I don't know im pissed about it and the fame thing is an insult too but whatever... there's no appeasing me on this ...husam is right this game is getting turned into something for newbs...not to promote growth.
Back to top Go down
jasjas
Knight
Knight

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: complaint 2   complaint 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 am

I understand where u are coming from and sympathize. I started grabbing aps for fame and because I did not early on in the game. Many players had over 100 aps before I took my third one, and I joined in the first week of existence.
I then realized that the free aps were getting snatched up fast and hoarded, so if I ever wanted to change my mind and be a fame whore, I wouldn't be able to.

I am personally okay with the restrictions because any more than 30aps is too much for me to keep up with, too many to develops, too many to defend. Plus I am not using them like they were meant to be used. That is, like stepping stones to extend reach. having 40 aps all within 200squares of each other(like I have now) is kind of stupid and pointless, and most of those are getting no use or attention. it would be counter productive and selfish of me to not give those away to allies who have the time and capacity to develop them.

Now if I was a freak of nature like gamesjr ot husam or some of you others who can actually commit to upkeep and maintenance of 70-150 aps, then I would probably not support the rule change.
So I pose this :
Ask yourself, do I honestly have more than I need right here and now? If so, then it should be a no brainer to trim the excess
. Shed the extras.
Remember, the world is getting 9 times bigger. Have you really thought about how much free real estate there will be?
if you desire 500 aps, 1000 aps, you will be able to have that.
I have a hard time dwelling on the restrictions that will happen when there will be so much expansion happen at the same time. So much that it will make the restrictions seem infinitesimal in comparison.
Oh and, the restrictions really only exist for us at our current level
as you level up you will be able to have as many as you can handle at home too.
I'm building a big army to farm some medium level monsters with and gain a few levels myself. It shouldn't be that difficult should it?
Back to top Go down
davidius
Lord
Lord
davidius

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: I get you   complaint 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 am

jasjas wrote:
I understand where u are coming from and sympathize. I started grabbing aps for fame and because I did not early on in the game. Many players had over 100 aps before I took my third one, and I joined in the first week of existence.
I then realized that the free aps were getting snatched up fast and hoarded, so if I ever wanted to change my mind and be a fame whore, I wouldn't be able to.

I am personally okay with the restrictions because any more than 30aps is too much for me to keep up with, too many to develops, too many to defend. Plus I am not using them like they were meant to be used. That is, like stepping stones to extend reach. having 40 aps all within 200squares of each other(like I have now) is kind of stupid and pointless, and most of those are getting no use or attention. it would be counter productive and selfish of me to not give those away to allies who have the time and capacity to develop them.

Now if I was a freak of nature like gamesjr ot husam or some of you others who can actually commit to upkeep and maintenance of 70-150 aps, then I would probably not support the rule change.
So I pose this :
Ask yourself, do I honestly have more than I need right here and now? If so, then it should be a no brainer to trim the excess
. Shed the extras.
Remember, the world is getting 9 times bigger. Have you really thought about how much free real estate there will be?
I have a hard time dwelling on the restrictions that will happen when there will be so much expansion happen at the same time. So much that it will make the restrictions seem infinitesimal in comparison.
I'm building a big army to farm some medium level monsters with and gain a few levels myself. It shouldn't be that difficult should it?

And im like you man, I can't update or keep those things which is why im giving them away but it's more about the "I earned them" so I shouldn't have restrictions if I want to have a thousand gps and aps then I should be allowed to, if my enemies are not as cunning or powerful to keep them thats on them. Think about it you made a good point you were on a week after I was on a month after and compare me to guys who have been around longer than me... it's a joke it shows how good I am that I was able to improve like that. Hell look at my resources, I don't know I just feel like im getting punished and the rest of us are getting punished for being "too good" does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
jasjas
Knight
Knight

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: complaint 2   complaint 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm

davidius wrote:
jasjas wrote:

So I pose this :
. Shed the extras.

And im like you man, I can't update or keep those things which is why im giving them away but it's more about the "I earned them" so I shouldn't have restrictions if I want to have a thousand gps and aps then I should be allowed to, if my enemies are not as cunning or powerful to keep them thats on them. Think about it you made a good point you were on a week after I was on a month after and compare me to guys who have been around longer than me... it's a joke it shows how good I am that I was able to improve like that. Hell look at my resources, I don't know I just feel like im getting punished and the rest of us are getting punished for being "too good" does that make sense?

i see that, and i must admit, even though i am giving them away, seeing all that red on my report kindof pisses me off lol. makes me want to fight.
defeated
Back to top Go down
davidius
Lord
Lord
davidius

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: complaint 2   complaint 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 pm

davidius wrote:
jasjas wrote:

So I pose this :
. Shed the extras.

exactly
Back to top Go down

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Gah   complaint 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 am

Yep.. I agree (so hard) in that the new rules would make sense if the server wasn't expanding.. As an established player it's frustrating.. But they are doing what they have to do to grow their playerbase. &@@&%•$$#@!!!!
Back to top Go down
Husam
Leadership/God
Leadership/God
Husam

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: complaint 2   complaint 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 am

increasing the map 9 times(x9, 9 times bigger, lol,9...look at the map and then add 9 more) with the current movement speed, its going to be brutal, all alliance teamplay will be nerfed so much.
Back to top Go down
Euph
Civilian
Civilian

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: complaint 2   complaint 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 am

Well, it would make sense if you somehow got the chance to destroy (real) cities and build them again somewhere new.
Then a bigger map would make sense as alliance could take active decisions
- does it want to be present "everywhere"
- dooes it want to have a stronghold in a certain area
- does it accept the randomness as is is now

With the current fixed city locations you will always get a random spread, which is bad combined with the slow movement speeds.

With a bigger map you will probably not have a chance to have "global" power as Dulu is now, but more alliances will get the chance to grow big - which imho is not a bad thing by itself.
Back to top Go down
jaggernaut
Knight
Knight

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: complaint 2   complaint 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:13 am

I dont know euph. With 10 cities p/lord. That can be some pretty good coverage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

complaint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: complaint 2   complaint 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

complaint 2
Page 1 of 1